Mizu-Kioku.Net

Temporary blog for Mizu-Kioku.Net

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

JAC Presentation

Today during Japanese lecture, we had these two guest lecturers from JAC to give us a speech on working in Japanese companies. Since most of the people in my lecture group are year 3 and 4 people, I guess this guest lecture would be extremely applicable to them. However, for a year 1 like me, I cant say the same thing but the lecture was indeed useful in knowing more about the conditions of working in Japanese companies.

Anyway, I was the emcee for this guest lecture today and to tell the truth, there wasnt really a need for an emcee la! The guy was already about to start his presentation when my teacher stopped him saying that we had an emcee...so paiseh can! I mean, if the guy is already about to start the presentation, just let him carry on lo...it was very weird to stop him so that I can do the opening.

Surprisingly, I didnt feel nervous at all while talking in front of my lecture group. Normally when I have to do public speaking, my heart will beat at a rate of 2000 beats per minute(obviously exaggerating here) and whatever that comes out of my mouth will be projected at a speed of 1000km/h. Like that time when I had to do this idiotic yet compulsory public speaking in front of my cohort in Secondary 1, I totally freaked out and I dont think that anyone understood my ramblings. However, this time, my heart was still at the same rate when I started speaking and I managed to speak at a normal rate...hmm, have I become more bold after entering NUS? ................................

Like real la! I was just speaking to a group of 40 people lo, and I know most of them from tutorials. Then again, I used to do CME presentations in front of my secondary class but I still felt damn nervous that time. Probably I'm more comfortable in public speaking in Japanese? Maybe it's because if I say something wrong, I can attribute it to my lousy command of the language, but if I say something wrong in English, I guess I cant really do that. Ok, not speaking sense here.

Next lesson was JS1101E tutorial and to tell the truth, I was really apprehensive of attending tutorial because of last week. Somehow or rather, more than 1/2 of my class decided to talk while the tutor was talking and despite him telling them to feel free to leave the room, they still continued yakking away. So, my tutor got so pissed off that he didnt even make a sound for that whole tutorial. Some buggers still had the cheek to say that they wasted their 1 hr because he didnt teach anything. It's totally their fault la...insensitive, stupid people like them should be executed to make the world a better place.

Somemore, the email we sent for advice regarding out project, the tutor replied with quite a bit of advice. However at the end, he ended saying that we can feel free to not heed his advice like most of the people in my tutorial group. Doesnt he sound super-duper pissed here?! How could I not feel scared to attend his tutorial...?! However, today he was fine already but he actually gave a choice to continuing discussing in small groups or discuss with him as a class. I guess maybe he's still a little sore?

Went for Korean class and knew about this new Lotte Mart opposite Beauty World. Woohoo, can go buy Korean food somewhere that's not too far from home! Somemore my father can drive me there....lalala :D Hmmm, or maybe Kym can drive me there! Congrats on getting your driving license!!! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home