Mizu-Kioku.Net

Temporary blog for Mizu-Kioku.Net

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

F***ing Jian

It has been almost a month since I blogged here. I wanted to blog about the fanmeeting with Kwon Sang Woo but decided to postponed it till Siew Ting passes me the photos she took. Hee:D Instead, I shall blog about work again.

On Monday, I received a complaint call while at work. According to the parent, we banked in a post-dated cheque and so she got fined $40 by the bank. Like what every other parent would say, 'So what are you going to do about the fine?' Slap her la! I think it was partly her fault for being so brainless to write a post-dated cheque but also, most of the fault lies with us for accepting the cheque and banking it in.

I transferred the parent to the OIC and after she put down the call, the OIC was like:

'Hai, everytime some newbie does something wrongly, it's the OIC who has to take the blame.'

The cheque was banked in on 5th August. At that point of time, Miss E was the only so-called newbie as everyone else had already worked for 2 months or more there. If you were me, you would also have had thought that the OIC was talking about Miss E right? I didnt say anything because...it wasnt really my business.

Hours later, the OIC came to me with a bad news. Everyone working on that day had to fork out money to pay the parent back $40, and that included me as well. WTF! The OIC went:

'I have always told you all to log out of your domain...'

To understand the above sentence, it will take some explaning. At work, each of us have a domain, or account, whatever you like to call it. As we do not have a habit of logging out, the OIC once sent us an email that whoever's domain is used, whoever will have to take the blame even if it wasnt whoever who did the transaction. This bad habit of not logging out only happens to the payment staff, which includes me. Thus, I asked the OIC if it was my domain that kena used. However she said no.

Then she called Miss J who had to pay too. Miss J asked the same question as I did and the OIC told her it wasnt her fault. Obviously right...Miss J took classes the whole day that day and couldnt have had done any transactions.

Next, the OIC called Miss N. This time the conversation went a little different. She told Miss S that it was Miss J who accepted the cheque and thus now this thing happened.

As I was curious to know who's domain was that, I printed out the receipt. Guess who's name was there? The OIC la!!! Wah lau eh...where got people so jian one! Ownself do wrongly still want to cover up like that! I talked to Miss S and she agreed with me on the following:

1) Whoever's domain kena used should bear the blame, as written in the email. Why do we have to fork out the money too?
2) It's really jian of her to keep blaming the newbies so as to cover up her mistake. She's very two-faced.
3) The OIC has the responsibility of checking through each and every cheque before banking them in. Obviously she didnt.
4) The OIC is not one of the staff at the payment counter. She belongs to the registration counter. So if she did payment at the payment counter, she would have had to log in to her own domain. So it's unlikely that other people had used hers.
5) She did the transaction, she did not bother to check every nitty-gritty detail on the cheque and now we have to pay for her double boo-boo. What kind of logic is this?!

Also, the bosses who werent working on that day have to fork out the money too. Miss F said that if the bosses knew that it was the OIC's mistake but did not ask her to bear the blame fully but allowed her to ask everyone to fork out, isnt that called bias-ness? WTF...I cant take it la. It's just too fucking unfair...

Ranting ends here. Might do the Kwon Sang Woo post later. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home