Mizu-Kioku.Net

Temporary blog for Mizu-Kioku.Net

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Happy Birthday to me!

Turned nineteen yesterday. OMG, I feel so old now...in just another year I'll hit 20 and I still dont have a boyfriend!!! This seriously sucks. Anyway, whatever la. Below are the birthday greetings I received this year. Wanted to do a comparison with last year(or was it last last year) but somehow I think that particular post got deleted along with my server crash...

On 15th May, which is like one day before my birthday, I received the following message from Donna:
Hi...Sorry didnt msg earlier today really not well...So now...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! B-) 2 more years to R21!
Which was then followed by another one saying paiseh because it wasnt my birthday yet...Hahaha!!

Then finally on the big day itself!

Jerelynn : Happy Birthday, gal! May ur wishes come true and have an enjoyable day. :D

Donna : HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! B-) sorry abt yesterday's fiasco ;-(

Kymberlyn: Happy birthday! Have a lovely day ahead.
Actually Kym sent me a MMS but I didnt activated GPRS so yup, she sent me a text message instead :D

Li Ming : Chinggu ah! :) Saeng il chuk ha hae yo! Hope you'll have a great day today:):)

Swee Hong : Yo! Happy 19th birthday! May all your wishes come true...Hee

Guo Cheng : Happy birthday..! You are OLDER..!
Wa lau...was there a need to emphasise?!

Weizhi : Today really auntie already horh...Hehe. Wah liew, you're freaking older than me...XD
I'm only a few months older la!

Gary Ang : Hey today ur birthday rite! Happy birthday =)
Seriously got a shock when I received this...Haha, havent seen Gary Ang in like 2-3 years and he still remembers my birthday! I used to bully him in tuition when he was my tuition teacher...now I get bullied by students...retribution!!!

Haoyang : happy birthday=D

Eileen and Weeyang wished me too on MSN...Haha, Weeyang's a super slacker...can work and MSN at the same time!

Vicki brought cakes up to my workplace to celebrate with me but she didnt know that I took off yesterday...:(

Domoto Koichi also came to celebrate my birthday!...in the form of Endless Shock DVD and CD...haha.


The Endless Shock is soooo cool! 3 DVDs and a photo booklet of Koichi!! Dai~suki~!



My yummy mango birthday cake! I was having a rather bad sore throat so I joked to Guo Cheng that I'll mash it up and mix with water so that I could at least swallow it...Haha, luckily I didnt have to do that. The cake was seriously scrumptious! I love mango!!


My father's birthday cake when lit up! My father's birthday was on the 2nd of May :D


My birthday cake when lit up!


My father making a wish before blowing out the candles...What kind of expression is that?!

[Me making a wish before blowing out the candles.]
No photo available because I was in the midst of doing a mask then...use your imagination. :P

Anyway, the reason why I had a bad sore throat was partly because of the spicy Peranakan Mother's Day dinner I had on Sunday at Blue Ginger. The food was delicious but the portions were like so freaking small, not to mention expensive too! Another reason for my sore throat was because I kept munching on the goodies my auntie brought back from Japan...


Yakigani senbei! Made from some crab called tarabagani or something...Whatever...Tasted damn shiok!


Shiroi Koibito biscuits! Freaking yummy! Vicki gave me some when she went to Hongkong and I'm totally in love with it!


I was a little apprehensive about the taste of sweet corn chocolate but it was damn good!!!

Yup, that's how my sore throat came about...Besides eating Strepsils(totally useless), taking antibiotics(no result seen) and sucking on Watermelon Frost tablets(results seen!), my grandmother brewed this Chinese herbal thingy called Zhu Feng Tea for me. Like every other Chinese herbal drink, it didnt taste nice...plus I almost puked when I realised that Zhu Feng is actually the name of a bee!!!


The 'essence' of Zhu Feng Tea...eew!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home