Mizu-Kioku.Net

Temporary blog for Mizu-Kioku.Net

Friday, November 25, 2005

A Chrismas Carol

Went to watch A Christmas Carol yesterday. I've never seen a single ACSian theatre production out of my 2 years in ACJC and it's only after I've graduated that I went to see one. Haha, weird.

Many people went, even Sandra Gwee. Or is it Valerie Wilson. I always mix-up the 2 vice-principals. So yup, the play started off with a dance. The dance was horribly messy but cant blame them because well, they're not professionals and the ticket cost only $20 per person. After the dance was the entry of the people working for Mr Scrooge. They started this weird chant which I heard as 'Screw screw screw' and I was thinking why the hell were they saying such things during a play. Straight after Mr Scrooge entered...so I guess they were saying 'Scrooge scrooge scrooge' or something else.

During the scene where Mr Scrooge was talking to his workers, there were these 3 distracting figures on stage too where they kept swaying their bodies. Quite irritating because 1, they're not pretty and 2, what the fuck?! Turned out that they were the clock-cum-3ghosts.

The guy acting as Scrooge was quite nice-looking on stage but damn short. The girl acting as the Ghost of Christmas Past has a nice voice. The guy acting as Ghost of Christmas Future is that TC guy that hy doesnt like. The guy who held the telescope somewhere in the play had lots of exaggerated expressions, quite funny actually.

After the play, my sister told me that the Ghost of Christmas Past was actually Nat Bala. Then suddenly I realised why the guy seated next to me was complaining so much about the publicity given to the 'Angel'(he was refering to the Ghost of Christmas Past). It's like hellooo, if you had someone famous acting in your play, of course you'll pay her more attention right? Isn't it always like that. Like in out graduation video from BP, we had Shaun-whatever-his-surname-is, the guy in I Not Stupid, in our video although he was like Sec 1 when we graduated.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well, you cant help it if the guy is damn short, its not really his fault...the acting was pretty good dont you think?

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Bakkwa said…

    True, the acting rather good :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home