Mizu-Kioku.Net

Temporary blog for Mizu-Kioku.Net

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Upgrading

Fuck HDB upgrading. Not that I dont like the idea of upgrading(Why would I? Next time can sell the flat for more money.), it's just that the contractors are so freaking inefficient!!!

Upgrading for my block was supposed to be finished by October 2003, which was around the time I took my 'O' Levels. However, by the time I finished my JC 1 Promos, the workers were still in the process of upgrading my block. Fuck. So damn slow, not to mention the irritating noises they contribute everytime they start work. Oh, and the disgusting dust which caused my skin condition to deteriolate so much.

When they finally finished upgrading, or so I thought, then came the renovation of ground floor ceilings and re-wiring or cables this year. WTF? I thought all these were supposed to be done during upgrading? Plus, the work is so fucking shoddy. A few months after they changed the ceiling boards, some of them are already starting to fall out. Great! And not to mention what they did to the floor...it used to be fairly clean and now there are ugly black patches on them.

Then, there's always some reason for lift upgrading. WTF?! The lifts were like just installed one year ago...is there a need to upgrade it every now and then when they feel like it? And the noise is just killing me. Even though I've tuned my iPod up to its maximum volume and coupled it with my horrible singing, I still can hear the drilling noises. Fuck.

So when the noises finally stopped, hurray, I went out of my room and started watching The Simple Life 3 for the second time. Everytime Paris Hilton starts talking, the drilling noises start. When I paused the show to get a drink, the noises ceased. Then, when I hit the play button, ta-da, drilling noises once again. FUCK. FUCK. FUCK. Fucking irritating. Plus, it's not a very pleasant sight to see foreign workers walking in and out of your block. Everytime they do upgrading or maintanence, the cleanliness of the block worsens...clean up your fucking mess contracters!

Anyway, there's a funeral going on downstairs and I wonder how that family feels because I dont think anyone's going to be able to hear the monks chant their scriptures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home