Mizu-Kioku.Net

Temporary blog for Mizu-Kioku.Net

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Prom Preparation

8 more days before I say goodbye to freedom. Ok la, it's not so bad to start work considering that all I've done since the end of 'A' Levels is either going out to shop or staying at home to watch TV/DVD/VCD/tapes. Other than that, I've been arranging and rearranging all the new stuff I've bought. Actually I should start packing all my JC stuff into boxes so that my room and the living room look a bit less cluttered but...I have no boxes to pack them into.(Nope, this is not an excuse.)

Talking about shopping, I've finally got down to buying my prom dress and shoes. I tried on this Indian-style dress which actually looks quite nice on me, in the sense that I can actually hold the dress up...if you know what I mean :D I remember the time when we wore the choir costume in secondary school, my bra kept slipping down so yup, it was a constant battle of trying to pull it up while making sure that no one notices.

Anyway, I bought this Daniel Yam dress in the end...then I realised it looks a bit skimpy and it doesnt fit in with the theme...but heck la, I dont really care. At least I can re-wear this dress for my JCS graduation ceremony. I cant imagine wearing a Victorian-era-inspired dress to my graduation ceremony. I'll look freaky. So at the Daniel Yam store, the saleslady kept letting me try on translucent shawls so I asked her if there were any opaque shawls. Then she gave me this blank stare and asked me, 'What is opaque?' I seriously wanted to laugh but considering she was so nice, I didnt.

I got this pair of really nice heels but I'm scared that I might fall and sprain my ankle because well, I'm still not used to wearing heels after months of wearing slippers to the library to study. In fact, I cant even walk with heels for more than 3 hours the first time I wore it after the 'A's but I'm improving now. I wore heels for 9 hours straight on Monday...but my feet hurt like mad when I reached home. Then again, I better get use to wearing heels soon considering that heels are part of my dress code for work.

Seriously, I actually cant wait to start work because...where there are people, there's bound to be gossip. Ok, kidding...then again, maybe not :P Hmmn, I better go and sleep now since I'm going over to my cousin's house tomorrow to borrow accessories for prom. Night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home