Mizu-Kioku.Net

Temporary blog for Mizu-Kioku.Net

Thursday, December 15, 2005

40th JCS Graduation Ceremony Dinner Party

Attended the 40th JCS Graduation Ceremony Dinner Party today.


The ceremony, like last year was held at The Executives' Club, OCBC Centre.


Seriously, for a name like The Executives' Club, the entrance was quite a disappointing one. Only one miserable potted plant could be seen.


The dinner was supposed to start at 7.00pm, as stated on the card, but on the programme list, the time was printed 7.30pm instead of 7.00pm. The suckiest thing was that I arrived at 5.30pm. I have this rather bad habit of arriving too early for an appointment. Either that, I arrive late...however, that's rarely the case. So anyway, since I arrived so early, I began rehearsing my speech I was supposed to give on behalf of the student body. On the programme list, it's printed that I'm the top student, which is not true, so I asked the receptionist about it. She then replied, 'If not write you third meh? Aiya, as long in top 10 all called top students la...' I found her answer quite cute, for an old lady like her. :D


I brought my doggie bag with me and was hugging it when I was rehearsing my speech and the other receptionist who saw me got a shock because she thought that I brought a dog into the club...hahaha.

Anyway, I saw this really nice Christmas tree in the OCBC bank but I was scared that they would stop me from taking a picture of it becuase well, by taking the Christmas tree, I would be taking the whole of the bank's layout...which isnt quite good if I were a terrorist. Ok, not funny. So instead, I took a photo of the pathetic Christmas tree in The Executives' Club.


The artpiece outside the dining room. Quite wtf. I also can draw. Sorry if that's called abstract art.


So anyway, after a long long la la wait, the ceremony finally started with Mr Gan giving a speech. Next was the ambassador guy, Isobe Hiroaki, who strangely reminded of Koizumi Junichiro. They then started giving out awards and after the whole awards thingy was my speech. After they announced my name, I went up to the mike. Considering that the announcer was a whole head taller than me, he had to help me adjust the mike. However, he failed the first time round as it was still too high for me and had to do it a second time. Seriously, everyone was like laughing. Speech went okay surprisingly. Didnt make any mistakes. :D

I think that everyone was awaiting anxiously for me to finish my speech because after my speech would be dinner! Dinner was buffet style and damn were there lots of choices. One thing weird is that for a Japanese graduation ceremony, only Chinese food was served. Okay la, there was Japanese food...the octopus only.


After dinner was photo-taking time! When I took a duo shot with Furumi Natsuko sensei, the ladies who were queueing up to take photos with her were commenting on how much I looked like Furumi sensei. Well, I take that as a compliment :D The photo's a bit blurry...wasted!!! Sensei's going back to Japan this Sunday...sayonara!


So here's the class photo. The person who helped me take the photo actually pressed the shutter button 7 freaking times!!! She's damn fast lo, considering that we were on the stage for a short period of time.


So ya, that's about it. Will update with more pictures in the gallery when I receive the photos the others took. Unlike last year where all teachers wore some form of ethnic costumes, this year's one was a bit plain. Everyone wore evening gowns. I think that Yonekura sensei covered a little too much today, as compared to last year's sexy dress. Honda sensei...well, still looks damn pretty. The claps she got when she went to receive her prize were thunderous! Furumi sensei looks better today than last year.

Sidetracking a little, below are the momentos Kym got for me from Korea.



Teddy Bear Museum badge and a nice pouch.


THE SAMSUN PIG!! AND IT COMES WITH SAMSHIK TOO!! WAHAHA, I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home