Mizu-Kioku.Net

Temporary blog for Mizu-Kioku.Net

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Work + Party

I just realised that I've been working for about 2 weeks and I havent even blogged a bit about it. So yup, I started work not very pleased becuase I was transferred to Jurong East on the 1st day itself...becuase that meant that I have to take the bus and MRT to work instead of just walking there. In addition to it, they separated Vicki and me so that we were about a block away from each other. Anyway, I got to take a class on my first day and it was Sec 4 A Maths. Sucks. I really didnt like that class. Not responsive at all plus the girls were freaking idiotic.

Currently in my 2nd week of work, somehow or rather I've grown to like my colleagues and I dont really want to get transferred back because that would mean that I got to re-know people...which I dont like. Anyway, I'm stationed at the Science department in Jurong East so everyday I got to open the door and close it...which kind of sucks because the Science door is so freaking difficult to open!! I can spend 15min and still get stuck outside. Greeaat. So when I finally get the door open, I'll come face to face with...myself. Nope, I did not see a ghost, I'm still alive, aren't I. Around 2 years ago, I did this photoshoot for the Science poster which is now pasted on the wall of Just Science. No one recognised me as the person in the poster. Wahaha, cool.


So anyway, yesterday we had this company Christmas party and it was seriously quite fun. The food was good and there was red wine, which was kinda sour for me. There were games and karaoke too! Damn, the karaoke machine was freaking awesome! I never knew that there was a karaoke room in the centre!! It's not that kind of lousy home karaoke machine where you have to change the disc yourself...it's like the K-box kind where you pick a song off the songbooks and enter the number to sing. Cool! The games played were kind of silly but then again, that's where all the fun come from :D First game was this dice-throwing game and it started off with lousy response but as the game went on, even I was excited to see who would win the game. Next was this 'Darumasan ga Koronda' type of game with the first prize of only $50. Seriously, those people who participated in the game were really good at being motionless when the music stopped...they could even not move their eyes! It was at this game that I realised that Francis Ang, who used to be freaking white but now so tanned, and this other guy called Weiyuan or something were wearing shirts that were of the same colour and about the same pattern. Just as I was wondering that it might be a coincidence, I spotted Sean Chua wearing an almost identical shirt. Now I'm starting to wonder if that's their uniform or something.

After the game was basically dancing ala clubbing style. Almost everyone danced except Hui Koon and me. We basically stood motionless on the dance floor and looked at others dance, so I guess I'm not that kind of clubbing person :D Sean Chua was the DJ for the night and the songs he played were seriously outdated. Haha. Ms Ong went over to ask him to change the songs to something more rock and so he did. The first song he put on had 'motherfucker' screaming out of the speakers and everyone was like 'Wahhhh!' So I guess he changed songs again.

Next on was present exchange. We had to burst balloons to get our number to exchange presents. And I got this...really nice wrapping.


Upon opening, I realised that it was Ferrero Rocher chocolates. Yummy!!


I also received a nice Spa Therapy thingy from Shirley, my 2IC. It was so nice of her! :D She's a really nice superior!

After exchanging presents, those who were playing mahjong resumed their mahjong games and the others either continued eating or went on to sing karaoke. Vicki, Huixin, Hui Koon and I left about 1am.

I didnt take any photos at the party becuase it would look very weird so I'm waiting to see if anyone would upload them and mass email them. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home